September 17, 2007

Fiction

Looks like the numbers are down for this category! ;) Funny enough, I used to read loads of mainstream fiction.

#7 Elizabeth Flock: Me and Emma (May 2007)

I found this book in a used bookstore. I'd been searching endlessly for an interesting book when none could be found. I picked this book off a shelf with thoughts of Jane Austen's Emma (a TRB for me) in my head. I was stunned into silence as the I read the backside of the book. Bits of it made me think of life experiences and the cruelty my sisters and I suffered from a stepparent we once had. Knowing I might be doing myself damage and causing myself grief by reading this book, I took it home with me. I was crying before I finished the first page and this book stirred my memories, but it was a very good and also very sad.

#16 Jodi Picoult: My Sister's Keeper (August 2007)

This is the first and only book I've read by this author so far. I was very shocked by the ending. I liked it enough that I've mooched three other books by her since reading this one. (Two sit in my TBR pile having been first read by my mother; the other is still in the process of being delivered.)

0 comments: