May 18, 2008

Stephenie Meyer: The Host



At long last this eagerly awaited for book was released. It's not part of the Twilight series but something new that's not a YA book.

I had a really tough time getting into it because of only having five or ten minutes to read here and there due to a busy work week. Once I had more time to read the book in one sitting, I enjoyed it immensely. It was hard to put down though I had little choice. I ended up staying up very late into two nights reading, the only time there was in my busy schedule to read.

From the beginning it is obvious that there is not merely one main character but two lives that are very much a part of this book. One is Wanderer, a soul and alien. The other is Melanie Stryder, a human whose body is used as a host. Through Melanie's memories, two other characters are drawn in and become of importance to both souls within Melanie's body.

You can feel Wanderer and Melanie's relationship as well as their anger, pain, and sorrow. Swept in their thoughts and emotions, you, too, both smile hugely in a grin and are brought to tears.

There's so much more I'd like to say about it, but I could ramble on forever and cause some major spoiling. All in all, an excellent book!


0 comments: