October 25, 2007

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."

So maybe some people would feel I count a book twice in a single year, or even if the book was a reread, for that matter. I disagree. I have no problem rereading books and counting those as ones I read, and ordinarily, I don't reread a book until at least a year has passed since my last read. This is the exception because I needed key information from this series in order to include it in my literary graveyard for Halloween.

#25 Stephenie Meyer: 'Twilight:' Twilight (October 2007)

Once again, loved it! It was different reading it this time than last time. More later. I don't have the time to properly write this post now, so I'll edit later.

~Edited to add on 11/08/07 from this point on~

Twilight is absolutely lovely. Bella is an amazingly positive character to read about, nevermind her bits of anger that she has at times. It's always being expressed how she has tried to take care of her mother, which reminds me a bit of my own mom. Bella quickly adjusts to caring for her absentee father. One might think the two would have issues, but there are seemingly none, or very little of the kind I had in mind when I first began reading this book. Edward, Edward is amazing. Period. But of course it's not simply for his being a charming character. The vamp's a vegetarian, after all - he could easily be chewing at human's necks. Edward and his family chose a better path, and each and every Cullen, friendly toward Bella or otherwise, are in for it for eternity. The days that are filled with questions from Edward's curiousity of Bella's human life, and Bella of Edward's life as a vampire, may seem dull to some, but not to me. This part of the book was just as interesting to read the second time around as it was with the first read. And as I gave away in this post's title, the lion fell in love with the lamb... As one of my sisters would say (and she'd be happy to see me using her words), "Awww, they're in love!"

4 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Hi, I'm peeking around at your blog!
I took that book test a while back. I was Watership Down too! (Hubby was Webster's Dictionary. 'Nuff said.)
Neat reviews K. Very well thought out. I'm going to have to introduce you to fun non-fiction. I think you don't like it because you are reading the wrong non-fiction. :o)
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Kerian said...

Hi, juggling!! :)

Wow, I missed your comment! No one's ever written on my blog before, I think, so thanks! :)

I was lurking in the Green Dragon a while back and found the quiz. I'm glad to hear someone I 'know' got the same book.

Hmm, I don't think I do well enough of a job writing about these books here, but thank you very much. I appreciate your compliment. :)

Yeah, my non-fiction book kind of scared me immensely. It wouldn't have had it not been so close to home because my friend. I want them to live life, be safe and happy. I love them and wish so much for them! This is hard.

So do you have some fun non-fiction in mind? :)

jugglingpaynes said...

I'm back!
If you haven't read James Herriot's books on his life as a veterinarian, they are excellent and laugh out loud funny in parts.
My daughter also recommends My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. I know, we like animals. ;o)
I look for more, I don't want to overload your TBR list.
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
i have just finished reading the twilight series. I also love the characters depicted, and i can't wait for the 4th installment to come out next year.
I can very much relate to your review of Twilight, and i love the idea of a 'vegetarian' vampire as well.
Until next time,
:)
ciao