December 18, 2007

The Princess Bride



#34 S. Morgenstern: The Princess Bride (William Goldman) (December 2007)

After having first attempted this book in perhaps September or October, I finally read it. I'd been reading it too slow and, figuring the movie would help me gain more interest, I bought the dvd. However, the dvd sat on a shelf beside the book for a couple months before I got around to watching it. Finally there came a quiet Saturday in late November on which I watched the dvd. I picked the book up again the Sunday before last, and while I haven't had much time to get reading done, I finished it this afternoon. I'm just reading an extra bit in the back of the book that takes place after this story.

1 comments:

Mr. Nauton said...

The movie and the book are one and the same, aren't they? I've never read or watched a book/movie pair that had so much identical stuff... but there a few things you can skip in the book and still it's a great story.